How Is This Useful?

| 0 comments»


The data that I will be collecting may not seem important at first glance, but if you really think about it, it can be quite helpful. One of the most important reasons for this is the economic situation. In tough times as these, entrepreneurs are very skeptical when it comes to opening a business. By carrying out my project, I can possibly display the areas that are best for business. For example, if my data shows that there is a significant increase in the amount of business from Kenner to the French Quarter, then an aspiring restaurant owner would be more likely inclined to opening a restaurant in the Quarter. The same works if more business is shown in the smaller cities. Also, it may not be scientifically or mathematically proven that restaurants with more business are actually better in quality, but some may see it this way. Therefore, whichever area of New Orleans my data shows receives more business, that displays that I choose may supply these establishments with even more business. The data can build up the hype around each restaurant and make people that are natives to the areas, and even tourists even more interested in visiting them.
My data can also be useful to the restaurants themselves. I will provide my results to all restaurants involved, showing the differences in the amount of business between the different establishments and different areas of New Orleans. By seeing that restaurants in other areas may receive more business than they do will, of course, not make them want to move their location, but will most likely take this into consideration. They can reevaluate their establishment and make the proper changes to increase business.
While my data may not be as vital as some, it is vital in the business aspect. It can help people who are struggling entrepreneurs or already struggling business owners.

0 Responses to "How Is This Useful?" (Leave A Comment)