Data Collection Update.

| 0 comments»


At this point I have collected my data from the restaurants in the French Quarter. Between the hours of 6 and 8 on Saturday April 4, I was able to collect data from 10 restaurants: Landry's, Hard Rock Cafe, Jax Brewery, Masperos, Tujague's, Envie, Margaritaville, Frank's, The Corner, and Bubba Gump. While some restaurants were easier to enter, others had lines out of the door. For those that I could actually step foot into, I asked the hostess for help. I explained my project to him/her, and in turn asked if they could give me the number of people per table and did simple addition to find the total. For the ones that had lines out of the door, or in which I was unable to communicate with a worker, I guesstimated. I counted by twos or fives, depending on how crowded the establishment seemed to be. By looking at my data, you can tell which ones I was able to get an exact number and which were estimated to the best of my ability. Although I did have to somewhat guess at a few, I think the numbers were reasonable enough to be close to the actual number, therefore while it will have some effect on the graphing of my data, it will not be as sever as it could have been. It will in fact contribute some error to my final project, one that I wish could have been avoided.
Now that I am near to completing my data collection, I will begin to use Excel and/or Minitab data analysis programs) to analyze and graph my data.

0 Responses to "Data Collection Update." (Leave A Comment)