Data Update.

| 0 comments»


This past weekend, I completed my data collection. I was able to squash my worries of variability in my data as well as keep some sort of pattern in my data, and eliminate as many confounding variables as possible; I collected all of my data from up and down Veterans Boulevard. By doing so, I eliminated the amount of distance between restaurants that would have been present if I were to collect the data from different parts of the city. This also allowed me to add in a similarity between the two data collections (the New Orleans data was collected up and down Decatur). I used the same tactics to collect this set of data, as before--estimating if absolutely necessary and asking the hostess if possible. As you can see, there are much lower numbers at some restaurants in this area, and I concluded that there are two possible reasons for this-- that either a)the restaurant may have been having a slow night or b)that in the location of the restaurant is not as popular. Now that I have completed my data collection, I need to decide what programs would be best suited to analyze my data. I am not very familiar with MiniTab, so I am going to attempt to do my data analysis using Microsoft Excel. Aside from data analysis, I need to begin work on my final presentation. My plan is to attempt to make an interactive PowerPoint using the Promethean board (a board used in class, that when paired with a laptop and the proper technology, is interactive and touch screen). Whether or not this is plausible will be deciphered in the beginning of next week. I am completely open to suggestions on data analysis as well as how I should carry out my presentation. So, please, give me some feedback! Anything is welcome.

0 Responses to "Data Update." (Leave A Comment)