Final.

| 0 comments»

The presentations are complete and everything went as planned. My data was actually contradictory of what I believed it would be. When I first set out for my project, I expected to see that the New Orleans restaurants would have more business, but this was not the case. I saw that the two areas had about an even amount of patrons in the local restaurants. Seeing this, I began to assess the possible reasons for this. The one I came up with is that while the French Quarter is the center of tourism in our city (which is why I assumed they would have more business), it does not necessarily mean that the tourists are expected to dine at these establishments. Also, those visiting our city are not likely to stay in a hotel near the French Quarter, for the high costs, therefore may stay in hotels located near Metairie and Kenner, in turn causing them to dine close for a quick meal. It was indeed interesting to see such results from my experiment. I carried out a t-test (A statistical test to determine whether the difference between two sample means is statistically significant) with my data and came out with the following results:
t= .4884
p= .6312
mean 1=66.1 (mean on French Quarter data)
mean 2=58.6 (mean on Kenner and Metairie data)
standard deviation 1= 34.3287 (std. dev. of French Quarter)
standard deviation 2= 34.3485 (std. dev. of Kenner and Metairie data)

0 Responses to "Final." (Leave A Comment)